Memorial Day weekend kicks things off around here. For me it’s the last weekend of being at home. Our summer is filled to the brim with travel. Between race announcing, coaching and racing myself there is something every weekend. I love it. What I love is that we do this as a family. The races I announce, Curt races, Luc is part of the Score-This race crew and then he races.
It’s like a family picnic each weekend when I am with the Score-This Crew. Are we close? We’ve all known one another since before 1999. We’ve raced together, gone to one another’s weddings, gone to funerals together, watched one another’s children grow. You name it, we’ve done it. … we are a close bunch. That’s what makes these weekends so special.
Here is what we have coming up for you this week, it’s going to be wicked busy and ultra fun!
Strassburg Sock Keuka Lake Triathlon pre race webinar, presented by Towpath Bike Shop:
- Wednesday 8pm. Free. Click here to register.
- Join me for an in depth review of the course, all distances, all races), the flow of race day and everything you will need to know for a successful race.
FREE CLINICS on Saturday at the Strassburg Sock Keuka Lake Triathlon
We have a GREAT series of FREE clinics happening on Saturday before the race! Check them out!
- 2:00-2:45pm Clinic – RUN SMART running analysis- TBD Hall/ Room TBD
- 3:00-3:45pm Clinic – Training with Technology presented by Endurance Factor – TBD Hall/ Room TBD
- 4:00-4:45pm Clinic – How to maximize your transition presented by Mary Eggers from QT2 Systems
- 5:00-5:45pm Clinic – First Timers Clinic – What you need to know for your race present by Curt Eggers and Brian Emelson from Towpath Bike
- 4:30, 5:30, 6:30pm Clinic – How to fix a flat – The WEED Physical Arts Building presented by Towpath Bike (packet pick up area)
What I love about this race is exactly what I stated above. It’s like coming to a family picnic. Not only with the Score-This crew… but with all of the people I get to see. I am of course your race announcer, and it’s such an honor to be able to announce for you in the morning and bring you through that finish line. It’s one of those things… I can’t believe I get to do!